Wednesday 28 August 2013

Crunchy Nut Cornflake Cookies

Every now and then I get in the baking mood. It's not a regular thing so when it happens, I bake a lot. I'd like do it more often because wherever I can I try to reduce the amount of preservatives in the family's diet. So I do things like use organic flours and free-range eggs and real butter and raw, organic sugar. It balances the guilt I feel for then coating them in sugary cereal. Anyway, I was in the mood on the weekend and tweaked an old biscuit recipe to come up with this one. It was a DEADSET winner with the family. 

I present you with....


You will need:

125g butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup self-raising flour
1-2 cups lightly crushed crunchy nut cornflakes

Preheat oven to 180c

Cream butter and sugar and light fluffy. [I never used to do this properly but now I have a mixer and my life has changed I tell you!]. Add egg, beat well. Fold in sifted flour, mix well. Shape teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls and roll them in the cornflakes. Flatten slightly on lightly greased oven trays. Allow room for spreading. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.

It should make between 20 and 30 biscuits, depending on how big you make them.

These are seriously delicious and perfect for an after school snack with some milk for the kids. If there are nut allergies to consider, just use normal cornflakes or even Special K would work too I reckon. 

How simple is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment